Pages

Saturday, November 17, 2012

PART A - Brainstorm Session


For our group leadership project I am working with Heidi Embury and Jamin Jones. Our group specialty is flipping the classroom. We have decided that our technology tool iswatchknowlearn.org. WatchKnowLearn is a website that houses videos or tutorials, lessons and classroom flips. The videos are organized by content area, grade levels (based on common core standards) and classrooms (different groups of professionals). You are also able to search for videos based on the age of your target student. WatchKnowLearn is very user-friendly, navigable and organized.

In our adobe connect session we were able to vote on our presentation tool, mindmap tool and script tool. It was an unanimous decision that we would use Jing as our presentation tool, Poplet as our mindmap tool and GoogleDocs as our script too. We have all used Jing before and enjoy using it. We have also used GoogleDocs and it is a very group-friendly collaborative tool. Jamin and I have not used Poplet, but I am looking forward to being able to learn more about it as a technology tool. We were able to assign out roles as well. I am completing the Editor's Tools, and "How to review, approve, and assign the videos to appropriate categories", Heidi is working on Common Core and Classrooms and Jamin is taking care of Intro, Conclusion & "How to add a video". We also worked on our timeline and have been working on the project since our meeting. Our group is meeting again on Monday November 19th. We would like to have everything finished so we can record and not have to worry about the project post-Thanksgiving. We did not go over how we will do the presentation and if everyone will talk. While I think that it would be more meaningful if everyone presented their portion, I think it may be more difficult and may not come out as clean and clear as it would if one person presented. If we create our script it really should not matter who presents. 

I really liked using adobe connect in this meeting. It was very realistic because Heidi was able to put an agenda in the sidenotes as well as insert polls. We were able to vote on our presentation tool, mindmap tool and script tool. We were also able to use the webcam feature to see everyone. I was struggling a bit because I could see myself but then I realized that had to hit preview for them to see me (embarrassing). The disadvantages of using this tool were that I was having trouble hearing my groupmates sometimes, especially while using google chrome as my browser. Sometimes the group was cutting in and out, but it all worked out in the end. 

This is the recording to our adobe connect session: 
http://meet30409137.adobeconnect.com/p65886f39kh/


1 comment:

  1. Well, there certainly was some productive work going on. Your group managed to cover a great deal of territory in a short period of time. Way to go.

    ReplyDelete